vhangup

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Mon Dec 5 07:11:00 AEST 1988

In article <5197 at mit-vax.LCS.MIT.EDU> keith at expo.lcs.mit.edu (Keith Packard) writes:
>Admittedly, the vhangup code in 4.3 is terrible.  But, it can be made very
>useful.  The current code turns off read/write bits in the file table.  A
>big mistake, as the file remains "open", which causes the carrier to remain
>up and other problems.

Why can't the file just be closed?  Why wasn't this done?  How come I wasn't
consulted ;-) ?
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Cat of the Week:--------------_   /|-
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  |Aren't you absolutely sick and \'o.O'