Source Management System

Adri Verhoef ccea3 at rivm.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 05:53:02 AEST 1988

We have a lot of computer systems (17 System V VAXen, 8 3B2s, etc.)
and we'd like to have some control over local software that has to
be (re)installed on every computer, whenever a new version of some
program is released.
Right now it is a difficult task, as we have no control over what
program-versions have been installed etc., and at times we are losing
sight on it all.  Yes, wow, it's out of sight, man! :-) :-{

So, big question:
Who can enlighten me on the subject above, a source management system?
Is there any such beast?  Does it exist?

	Adri Verhoef, mail: mcvax!rivm!a3