Needed: info on 8mm tape drives

peter d fiorese fiorese at hercules.steinmetz
Wed Dec 7 01:34:13 AEST 1988

Hello,
  I'm looking to hear from some people who have experiences with the 8mm
helical scan tapes.  I would like to find out:
 		-how long you have been using them
		-if you have had luck (or trouble) with recovery
		-what format you are writing on the tape
		-how many machines you are backing up, what type
		     of schedule you're using, and number of tapes
  I would appreciate any input on this sublject, or on that of the DAT
tecknology, as I may look into that as well.  Pleas e-mail responses,
and I'll post as summary.

Thanks,					fiorese at ge-crd.ARPA
  Pete.					fiorese at bashful.steinmetz.ge.com