(argh!) Better Trojan horse fix for Rnmail & Pnews

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Tue Dec 13 08:19:55 AEST 1988

>I seem to remember another startup 'feature' that I didn't think very
>much of.  Ex/vi would source a .exrc file in the current directory,
>if one existed, as well as the ~/.exrc in your home directory.
>Does this still happen in more modern vi's?

Yes.  It's in the S5R3.1 version, as well as the 4.3BSD version;
however, in the 4.3BSD version, it won't source it unless it's owned by
the current real UID or "sourceany" is set (the same applies to
"~/.exrc").