random passwords (was Re: Worm...)

Jim Waters waters at polya.Stanford.EDU
Sun Dec 11 16:26:22 AEST 1988

In article <147 at minya.UUCP> jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) writes:
>No need to wrack your brain thinking about this; just get an account
>at any bank with an ATM.  I've yet to hear of one that uses a password
>(i.e., a PIN) that is more than a 4-digit number.  Some banks even

>[Any errors in the above are due to failures in the logic of the keyboard,
>not in the fingers that did the typing.]

Actually, I have a 7 digid "secret number," and I believe that 9 is the limit.
We go to the bank to choose them, so no one else ever sees the number.

      Jim Waters                internet: waters at umunhum.stanford.edu
USPS: P.O. Box 13735                      waters at argus.stanford.edu
      Stanford, CA 94309        uucp:  ...decwrl!umunhum.stanford.edu!waters
AT+T: (414)326-0229             bitnet:   waters%umunhum.stanford.edu at stanford

What's that?  Don't I have anything really profound to say here . . . Nope.