Latest indent request

Al Gaspar gaspar at almsa-1.arpa
Fri Dec 2 05:04:12 AEST 1988

I am looking for the latest public domain version of indent.  I seem
to have a number of versions around.  On our Vax running 4.3 mt. xinu
(binary only) we have a version without a -bg option which breaks an
'else if (test)' construct onto two separate lines.  We have two public
domain versions running under System V and 4.3.  Both of these have
the -bg option.  One breaks up the 'else if (test)' construct, the
other does not.  Neither have a number of options available under the
version from mt. xinu (including -ce, -nce, -ei, and -nei).  And, both
claim that they have problems with #else preprocessor directives
following an if statement.

What I want is... everything :-).  I would like the latest version
that will handle the -bg argument, which formats braces like this:

	if (test)
		{
		whatever;
		whatever;
		}

(Of course, I don't want to give up the -bl and -br formats in the
process).  I would prefer a version that had some kind of an option
on the 'else if (test)' construct, and I would like as many of the
options that are under the 4.3 version as possible.  I don't want
any problems with the preprocessor.  (Actually, a version identical
to our 4.3 version with the addition of -bg would do the trick).  Is
there somewhere that I could pick up such an animal?  An ftp site
would be great.  Thanks.

Cheers--

Al

--
Al Gaspar	<gaspar at almsa-1.arpa>
USAMC CSDA, ATTN:  AMXAL-OW, Box 1578, St. Louis, MO  63188-1578