Output from 'diff -n'?

Mike Mitchell mdm at cocktrice.UUCP
Fri Dec 23 09:22:33 AEST 1988

I am attempting to get RCS functional and have run across a stumbling block.
As it turns out, RCS requires the '-n' option of diff to be present, but this
option is not supported by the System V diff.

I have nabbed a copy of diff from one of the archives, and would be able
to patch it for '-n' output operation if I knew how this output was formed.

I would greatly appreciate any insight as to how the output from diff is
formed when this option is used.

Thank you.

--
Mike Mitchell				BELL:	(505) 471-7639
2020 Calle Lorca #43			ARPA:	mdm at cocktrice.UUCP