Standards

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Sat Dec 17 00:58:01 AEST 1988

In article <3245 at ingr.com.> crossgl at ingr.UUCP (Gordon Cross) writes:
>Well, well.  At last I've learned something new!!  I wonder how many MILLIONS
>OF DOLLARS (of your money as well as mine) the government is spending on this
>stuff.  Think about the savings if the government would just keep their hands
>out of the pot and let the defense contractors deliver the finished product!!

The purpose of coding standards is to SAVE money.  The development
phase is ends when the product is finished.  After that, the product
must be maintained.  It is hoped that consistent coding standards will
save money in the maintenance phase.

Please read `The Mythical Man Month' if you have any more questions.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Quote of the Week:-------------------
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  |"Just remember, if you swap the first