csh fg %string

Michael DeCorte mrd at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Fri Dec 9 01:08:50 AEST 1988

Hello,

Given
host% jobs
[1]    Stopped              foo a
[2]    Stopped              foo b

How can I bring either job fg by using fg %string?  I do not know what
the difference between the two jobs are only that they are different.
Meaning I can't do `fg %?a`.  What I would like to do is something like

fg %foo a
fg '%foo a'
fg %'foo a'

I tried evaling the previous examples but that doesn't work.  Double
quotes don't help either.  I always get one of the following:
fg: Ambiguous.
fg: No such job.

Please don't suggest that I modify the string some way, I can't.  That
includes taking subparts.

Thank you
--

Michael DeCorte // (315)265-2439 // P.O. Box 652, Potsdam, NY 13676
Internet: mrd at sun.soe.clarkson.edu  // Bitnet:   mrd at clutx.bitnet
Clarkson Archive Server // commands = help, index, send, path
archive-server at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
archive-server%sun.soe.clarkson.edu at omnigate.bitnet
dumb1!dumb2!dumb3!smart!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!archive-server