Yet Another useful paper

Cory Kempf cory at gloom.UUCP
Fri Dec 30 03:01:17 AEST 1988

In article <13022 at bellcore.bellcore.com> karn at ka9q.bellcore.com (Phil Karn) writes:
>					 The answer to that problem is a good
>authentication scheme that would allow you to give your password only once
>(when logging in to your "home" computer) which would then enable your
>system to authenticate you to the other systems you use regularly on the
>network.

Let's see if I have this right... you are going to allow the
workstation that is sitting on my desk to convince another system that
I am me, right?

This workstation that I can bring down if I want, and bring back up in
single user mode?  With me in the playing the part of root?

This workstation that will then lie for me if I ask it to? and tell
your system that I am you?  Or just about anybody else?

Really?

+C
--
Cory ( "...Love is like Oxygen..." ) Kempf
UUCP: encore.com!gloom!cory