What is the hostname?

Joel Coltoff coltoff at PRC.Unisys.COM
Fri Jan 29 02:35:42 AEST 1988

I'll start with the usual disclaimer that I'm posting this question
for a friend. They have a bunch of PC's and a Sperry 5000/50. The
PC's are connected to 5000/50 over an ethernet. If someone uses telent
to login to the 5000/50 how can another application program determine
the internet address of the PC? i.e. I notice that Debbie is using
tty T0. What is the host address of the machine that Debbie is using?

I've wracked my brains and can't figure out how to determine this.
The information has to be hiding somehwere and I want to bring it
to the surface. Thanks in advance.

	- Joel
	{psuvax1,sdcrdcf}!burdvax!coltoff	(UUCP)
	coltoff at burdvax.prc.unisys.com		(ARPA)