How can I read keyboard without stopping

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at super.ORG
Fri Sep 9 00:41:12 AEST 1988

In article <8422 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>If that's true, it's a bug.  EOF on a stream is not supposed to
>close the stream, merely set the EOF indicator.  In fact EOF
oh, great, another portability. Well, after you pointed this out
i realized it does vary a lot from machine to machine. I wrote
a quicky to test it on SunOS 4.0 and it appears that the stream
gets closed for you.
   I don't have the intestinal fortitude to test this out on our varied
machines. I *really* don't want to know ...
   So, Rule Number One: the definition and side-effects of eof
are about as well-defined in stdio as they are in Pascal. arg.
ron