Emulex SC41 disc controller

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 14:22:55 AEST 1988

In article <1082 at sdcc7.ucsd.EDU> muller at sdcc7.ucsd.EDU (Keith Muller) writes:
> In article <1510 at goanna.oz>, ejd at goanna.oz (Erick Delios) writes:
> > We are looking at replacing the UDA with an SC41 controller. I can find
> > no explicit mention that this controller works under 4.3.
> > Will this controller work on a Vax 11/750 with BSD 4.3 ?
> > If so will it work as well as a UDA  ?
>
> I use emulex sc7003 disk controllers on a 750. They are directly supported
> by 4.3BSD (and 4.3BSD-tahoe) and are CMI boards not unibus (they look like
> a massbus to the software). I have never had a single problem with them or
> the older SC750's they replaced.

For sure - No earthly reason to use an Emulex unibus controller in a
750 unless you maybe happen to have one lying around.  There's a SC750
somewhere in the guts our olde 750 and other than the drive cable
paddleboard falling off cause somebody lost the bracket, it's been
running since the machine was born - ~5 years, ~3 sites ago...

SC750/7000 = 1.8 MByte/sec - Eagle Class, SC7002 = 2.5 MByte/sec - just
about anything - SC7003 3.0 MByte/sec XMD-III and other scorchers...

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net