Info on BRL shell

carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 23 06:12:00 AEST 1988

RE: adding '#' to the end of the superuser's prompt

	I disagree. The shell shouldn't be changing your prompt. If the
root user isn't competent enough to set that up himself, he shouldn't
have a root login. For instance, my normal prompt contains the word
'Sir' in it - when I'm root, it is 'SIR' in bold/inverse letters.
I'm sure that others have equivalent tricks. However, I'd say that it's
really a non-problem if it can be turned off by a compile time flag.

Alan M. Carroll		                      carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu
Grad Student / U of Ill - Urbana ...{pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!s!carroll
"Too many fools who don't think twice, too many ways to pay the price" - AP&EW