SYS V Shared Memory Applications Sought

brett at lanai.cs.ucla.edu brett at lanai.cs.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 14 00:54:19 AEST 1988

Greetings from the west coast.  We are currently seeking applic-
ations  to run on our  distributed shared memory system which is
upward compatible with the System V IPC shared memory interface.
We have extended this interface/implementation to operate across
site boundaries to work in our specific environment at UCLA.

We are currently looking for applications which  run  under  this
interface  to  prepare  a reasonably extensive set of performance
tests for evaluation of both the  concept  of  simulating  shared
memory in a non-shared memory environment, as  well as the imple-
mentation.  I was hoping you wizards would be able to point us in
the right direction.  We seek a variety of applications which  we
can test in a variety of configurations on a single  site  system
or  across a network of nodes.  Source code may  be necessary  if
there are incompatibilities between our environment and the  ones
from which the applications are derived or if we need to make
minor adjustments in the applications themselves.

I am under the impression that there are  a  number  of  applica-
tions,  especially  network  oriented ones, which have been built.
We'd  be  happy to share whatever results we obtain with you or
the author of the programs as soon as we have them.

Brett Fleisch
---brett at cs.ucla.edu

ARPA:brett at ucla.cs.edu,
UUCP: {...sdcrdcf,inhp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!brett