RFS Questions

Tim J Ihde tim at attdso.ATT.COM
Tue Sep 13 00:31:22 AEST 1988

In article <809 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I made a script with cc and a bunch of -Y options, but if mounting
>server's /usr/include on client's /usr/include and mounting server's
>/lib on client's /lib will do the trick, I will go that route as it
>seems a cleaner approach.  You're saying that all header files and all
>libraries will be accessible by cc that way?

Yes - just be careful when installing new packages that put stuff in
/lib or /usr/lib (such as informix).  Make sure you know where they are
going (esp. if you mount the rfs'ed filesystem read only).  As long as
you can look at /lib or /usr/include, and see the files there that are
supposed to be there, then the compiler will find them too.  The fact
that they are RFS'ed should be invisible.

>Many thanks.

You're welcome.

	tim
--
Tim J Ihde					att!attdso!tim
(201) 898-6687					tim at attdso.att.com
This disclaimer intentionally left blank.  	attmail!tihde