ultrix 2.0 disk throughput

G.Pavlov pavlov at hscfvax.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 5 14:22:04 AEST 1988

In article <3591 at phoenix.Princeton.EDU>, paul at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Paul Lansky) writes:
> We have just upgraded to Ultrix 2.0 from 1.1, and I discover that our
> disk throughput seems to be considerably slower.  Here is configuration
> MicrovaxII, EmulexQD32, two Fuji Eagles. ......
>
> This is serious problem since we need to do high-speed data acquisition.
> Is it us, or is it 2.0?

  The problem is the QD32 controller.  The only solution is to replace it with
  someone else's.You may want to try to obtain restitution from Emulex. Good
  luck.  We finally did, but it required a massive effort: at least 40 hours on
  the phone, over a period of 5 months, involving at least 10 Emulex employees..

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny
   716-834-0900