Re^4: terminfo

Kim Christian Madsen kimcm at freja.dk
Thu Sep 8 01:12:03 AEST 1988

ok at quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:

>In article <4034 at freja.dk> kimcm at freja.dk (Kim Christian Madsen) writes:
>>How about running the infocmp command to give you a terminfo file in
>>plain ascii -- just like the good ole termcap file, edit whatever you
>>like and bring it back to binary again.  Not very complicated -- The
>>most complicated part is to discover the infocmp command.
>>
>Very complicated indeed:  infocmp is not described in Issue 2 of the
>System V Interface Definition, and it is not part of System V Release
>2.

I think it's one of the little extra utils that arrived after the SVID
(Issue II) had been published, and as far as I remember it wasn't
there until System V Rel. 3.0 (on the 3B2 computers).  Perhaps it's
even a 3B2 specific util, but some months ago there was a PD untic
program posted to comp.sources.unix which works for pre-3.0 System V,
it needs some updating since AT&T hhas put more information into the
terminfo database since rel. 3.0.

>[Does anyone know why the index entry for "tic command" in the SVID
>-- on page 462 of Volume II -- refers to page 246?  That's "clri"!]

Obviously a typo - but a funny one at least!

					Best regards
					Kim Chr. Madsen