Papers on Layered UNIX systems like Apollo VRM, Apollo SR10, etc.

Tom Poindexter x8862 tsp at ncsc1.AT&T.NCSC
Sat Sep 24 00:03:19 AEST 1988

In article <164 at leibniz.UUCP>, tpc at leibniz.UUCP (Tom Chmara) writes:
> Does anyone know where in the literature (USENIX proceedings, etc) I could
> find information on the pitfalls and difficulties in layering UNIX on a
> "Virtual machine"?  This VM would handle the native hardware, giving UNIX

If you are interested in the IBM RT implementation, there was an "IBM
Systems Journal" devoted to the RT, including its virtual machine, VRM (?),
and how AIX was ported on top of it.

I don't remember the date of publication, but it was very near the date of
the RT's announcement.  Call the IBM office nearest you for info.
--
Tom Poindexter    {where ever}!att!ncsc5!tsp