Reducing system calls overhead

DugalJP jpd at usl-pc.usl.edu
Wed Sep 7 01:55:37 AEST 1988

In article <1316 at ast.cs.vu.nl> ast at cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
>I would suggest you look closely at MULTICS and OS/2, which uses many ideas
>taken straight from MULTICS.  In these systems, the entire operating system is
>contained within the address space of each user process, with appropriate

I've been a systems analyst on our Multics system for 13 years now, and
OS/2 does indeed have great possibilities, BUT only when the superior
features of the 386 processor are used.  Doesn't OS/2 use only techniques
possible on the 286?

--
-- James Dugal,	N5KNX		USENET: ...!{dalsqnt,killer}!usl!jpd
Associate Director		Internet: jpd at usl.edu
Computing Center		US Mail: PO Box 42770  Lafayette, LA  70504
University of Southwestern LA.	Tel. 318-231-6417	U.S.A.