Automatically effecting diff's

David_Yoshio_Macias at cup.portal.com David_Yoshio_Macias at cup.portal.com
Sat Sep 10 01:01:28 AEST 1988

I'm wondering if there's any tool out there to take diff files
created with a diff command of the form 'diff -c#' (where #
is some number like 2 or 3) and make the changes to the appopriate
file automatically.  I realize that if 'diff -e' was used, ed would
serve this purpose.  But 'diff -e' wasn't used, so right now I'm just
using Emacs with the upper window having the diff file and the
lower one having the target file ... very tedious!

Does anyone out there have a better solution?  Thanks!

Roy Bixler
graduate student at San Jose State Math Department
UUCP: ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!David_Yoshio_Macias
      ...!sun!sjsumcs!lab-8