Streams TTY driver (was: echoing sytle - DOS,VMS vs. Unix)

Eduardo Krell ekrell at hector.UUCP
Fri Sep 9 01:43:49 AEST 1988

In article <66898 at sun.uucp>, guy at gorodish.Sun.COM (Guy Harris) writes:

> > I thought SVR3.1 or perhaps SVR3.2 had finished the conversion of the
> > character I/O system to use STREAMS.
> Nope, at least not in the S5R3.2 code we have, and definitely not in S5R3.1.

Well, the first release of the STREAMS-based tty driver was in JAE 2.0
(Japanese Application Environment), which is SVR3 with support for
multi-byte characters.

Check you Summer '87 Usenix Proceedings, page 323 "A UNIX(R) System V
STREAMS TTY Implementation for Multiple Language Processing".

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com