Network Queueing System (NQS)

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at masig2.ocean.fsu.edu
Thu Sep 8 08:59:56 AEST 1988

I have recently heard that there exists a "standard" system for
queueing jobs between/within UNIX systems. It is reportedly called the
Network Queueing System (NQS).  We are looking for such software for
our ETA-10 supercomputer (running UNIX System V with 4.[23] BSD
extensions), and the idea of a reasonably widespread system is
appealing.

I would appreciate any pointers to this software....

    John D. McCalpin
    Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
    The Florida State University

    mccalpin at nu.cs.fsu.edu  (ARPA host tables)
    mccalpin at masig1.ocean.fsu.edu (nameserver)
    mccalpin at fsu    (BITNET or MFENET)