controlling ttys and process groups (was transferring processes under csh)

John S. Quarterman jsq at longway.TIC.COM
Mon Sep 12 06:24:35 AEST 1988

In article <1304 at mcgill-vision.UUCP> mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP (der Mouse) writes:
>But -- surprise! -- under BSD at least, the controlling tty is not
>necessarily related to process group similarities.

Yes, I know.  Details in my previous posting, except where specifically
noted to be about a particular system, describe POSIX, not 4.3BSD or System V.
At the moment, that is....