panic: ttyrub

Ron Stanonik stanonik at nprdc.arpa
Fri Sep 30 06:33:27 AEST 1988

We're running 4.3bsd on a vax 780.  Recently we had a panic: ttyrub.
The tty was a pseudo tty and the panicky application was telnetd.
The user on that tty was dbx'ing a seeminly innocuous application.
The panic was due to apparently trying to rubout (in cooked mode)
a newline, but the rawq.cf didn't point to a newline, it pointed
to the start of the next line; ie, the previous char was a newline,
but had presumably already been processed.

Does this sound familiar?  Have we missed some bug fix?

Thanks,

Ron Stanonik
stanonik at nprdc.arpa