Input output parity & stop bits (was: Re: autowrap)

Michael A. Petonic mikep at ism780c.isc.com
Fri Sep 9 06:32:01 AEST 1988

In article <236 at lakart.UUCP> dg at lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:
 >On a related note, I log in from home quite a bit & use xmodem to
 >transfer data. I set my local machine to 8 data, no parity (which
 >works !!) and 1 stop bit. All is well till I try an upload, at which point
 >the system chokes.

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you have flow control
disabled?

I had a similar problem when uploading files to other machines (using
Xmodem) through a Sytek LAN.  It seems that flow control was set
on the LAN and whenever I got to block #19, the Xmodem representation
of that block in the header was an XOFF, so that it barfed on
anything else sent.

-MikeP
Michael A. Petonic				mikep at ism780c.isc.com

	       ``Have a heart... But don't take mine.''