Interlan drops a byte?

scott scott at h-three.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 01:00:21 AEST 1988

In article <3210 at cs.utexas.edu> fletcher at cs.utexas.edu (Fletcher Mattox) writes:
>Has anybody else seen a 4.3BSD VAX with an Interlan Ethernet interface
>drop a byte of data?  Well, that's what we're seeing.

I've seen Micom/Interlan Ethernet controllers drop bytes. I've seen
them loose a bit, left shifting subsequent data by a bit. Somehow, these
errors were not caught by any of their protocol error checking.

Micom/Interlan claims that fixes are/were in the works. BTW, this was
observed on a Multibus I board.

Scott H. Crenshaw			scott%h-three at uunet.uu.net
h-three Systems Corporation             uunet!h-three!scott
POB 12557				100 Park Drive Suite 204
Research Triangle Park, NC 27607	(919) 549-8334