Nasty little control codes

B.TONGUE bgt at homxc.UUCP
Wed Sep 21 03:59:45 AEST 1988

Howdy folks, I have a question which requires solving quite rapidly.
Awhile ago, someone mailed me a file which contained an executable
command of a control code, which locked up my terminal.  The only
way to get out of it was re-logon, and dump out my mail directory.
Is there any way to rectify the situation while the keyboard is
still locked up?  Thanks in advance, and please email the solutions
to this addresss (any backbone site)...!att!homxc!ela0!bgt.