stdio EOF

Bill Shannon shannon%datsun at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 14 18:28:04 AEST 1988

In article <8459 at smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> No; it was added because Bill Shannon thought it was a good idea.
> I noticed it because it broke several interesting applications.

What you didn't notice is that it fixed many programs that were
broken.  We weren't able to come up with a fix which maintained
compatibility with all programs which *happened* to work and with the
documentation, and which also fixed the programs that were broken.  If
you have such a fix and haven't already told us about it, please do so.