System V Release 4.0 Developer Conferences

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Fri Sep 30 00:33:09 AEST 1988

In article <6638 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> kramer at bionette.UUCP (Jack Kramer - CMBL) writes:
>I would like to continue reading this group but all the clutter takes
>up too much time.  Is there any way to filter out messages from
>particular persons such as Henry Spencer.

Since you haven't indicated that the above is intended as humor, I
feel bound to inform you that Henry Spencer is one of the most
knowledgeable and respected Unix community members.  His contributions
of software and sage council are (Unix) world reknown and take a back seat
to precious few others.

I, for one, hope that Henry keeps providing Usenet with the same high
quality contributions that he always has in the past.

If you truly feel Henry's words are a waste of _your_ time, I suggest
you read up on how to add him to your news `kills' file.  However, in
my opinion you would be doing yourself a great disservice by doing so.

BTW, I am not a Henry Spencer groupie.  I simply appreciate the good
advice that he and the dozens of other unix.wizards regulars dispense.
I have learned more about Unix from reading Usenet than any other source in
the past few years.

Dave Hammond
  UUCP: uunet!masa.com!{marob|dsix2}!daveh
DOMAIN: daveh at marob.masa.com