Character echo at read time

Malaclypse the Elder dwc at homxc.UUCP
Sat Sep 3 14:44:00 AEST 1988

In article <6140 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US>, jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) writes:
> i touch type.  generally i know that i have made a mistake before i even
> see what i have typed.  i don't even know what i am correcting when i
> correct, just that i have typed some wrong character (like the d in
> typed just now, i typed a space (and did it again just there ;-) and then
> went back and corrected it to be a d)  my question has always been: how
> many programmers, etc, touch type?

i also touch type.  but i am also insecure.  i like to see
what i am typing in.  you never know when your fingers are
in the correct spot on the keyboard or whether you hit the
space bar to soon and you type something like:
	rm back * tmp*
instead of
	rm back* tmp*
this has happened to me before.  (even when i look, i make
mistakes when i type ahead).

danny chen
att!homxc!dwc