terminfo

Robert Claeson robert at pvab.UUCP
Wed Sep 7 04:55:10 AEST 1988

In article <1988Sep4.132939.26223 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>, woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Greg Woods) writes:

> Just because you knew how to edit and fix a termcap entry, but not a
> terminfo entry, doesn't make terminfo a bad thing.

One of the problems with terminfo is that one seldom gets the source file
for the terminfo descriptions (ie, the input file for 'tic'). Oh yes, there
is the infocmp command in SVR3.x, but it won't give me the comments in the
original source.

Disclaimer: I like terminfo.
--
Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
Tel: +46 758-202 50   Fax: +46 758-197 20