Character echo at read time

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Sep 2 23:37:51 AEST 1988

In article <371 at polyof.UUCP> john at polyof.UUCP ( John Buck ) writes:
>I'm curious to know: do you folks who tolerate "invisible" type-ahead
>ever make mistakes in typing commands (ahead)?  If so, when do you detect
>the mistakes?  Before it's too late?  How do you see what you are correcting?

i touch type.  generally i know that i have made a mistake before i even
see what i have typed.  i don't even know what i am correcting when i
correct, just that i have typed some wrong character (like the d in
typed just now, i typed a space (and did it again just there ;-) and then
went back and corrected it to be a d)  my question has always been: how
many programmers, etc, touch type?
--
John F. Haugh II (jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US)                   HASA, "S" Division

    "If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong."
                -- Norm Schryer