Info on BRL shell

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Sep 21 06:37:02 AEST 1988

In article <8473 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:

| If the super-user's $PS1 does not end in "# ", it is appended as a
| safety reminder.

God save me from people who assume that I'm so stupid that I don't know
how to set up a shell prompt, and who mess with my environment
variables. Is this what UNIX is coming to?

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who feels competent to decide
how I set my prompt, for root or anyone else.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)