Porting NQS to Sun4 architecture

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.ARPA
Sun Sep 18 07:06:19 AEST 1988

In article <2257 at cadovax.UUCP> mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
>Is NQS the same as BBN's MDQS (Multi Device Queueing System)?

First of all, MDQS was developed at BRL, not BBN.

Next, NQS started as modifications to MDQS at a national lab,
and was "borrowed" by outside contractors who conveniently
forgot that it wasn't theirs and now claim that it is.  I
don't know what's supposed to be "better" about NQS.

You can still get MDQS from BRL.  We use it all the time for
multi-queue, multi-device spooling on our campus-area network.
Anonymous FTP from Internet host VGR.BRL.MIL.