Out of inodes. SunOS4.0, gripe.

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Aug 6 17:44:41 AEST 1989

In article <FLEE.89Aug4114513 at shire.cs.psu.edu> flee at shire.cs.psu.edu (Felix Lee) writes:
>Ran out of inodes yesterday on our /usr/spool partition.  A painful
>experience.  C News is mostly graceful in the presence of full disks,
>but does nothing to protect you from running out of inodes.

Sigh... yeah.  I thought about this a bit, but if you thought C News had
to stand on its head to more-or-less-portably figure out how much space
was available, well, finding out inodes is worse.  And *most* systems run
out of space first.  One could modify spacefor to check inodes as well,
but it's none too quick as it is.
--
1961-1969: 8 years of Apollo.  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1969-1989: 20 years of nothing.| uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu