The Tao of Programming

Peter Rowell peter at thirdi.UUCP
Sun Aug 6 04:49:06 AEST 1989

I talked with Gerald Rafferty, the publisher of _The Tao of
Programming_.  He asks that the original posting be canceled and that
all copies received via USENET be detroyed.  He also suggested that, if
you liked what you saw, that you might actually go out and buy (for
$7.95) the actual book.

When he asked how many machines it was on, I told him that, since it
had been posted 18 hours before on the east coast, it probably wasn't
in Australia yet, but almost definitely had made it to the european
continent.  He thought this was fairly impressive.  He was amazingly
calm, given that this was posted to a good-sized chunk of his potential
marketplace.

I told him that when similar things have happened in the past that
people on the net have (apparently) been quite good about respecting
the wishes of the publisher and/or copyright holder.  I hope that
my/his faith in the communety (is that a new word? :-) will be
prove to be well founded.