recursive grep

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Wed Aug 30 13:50:45 AEST 1989

In article <7774 at cbmvax.UUCP> grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:

>Iff your system happens to have xargs - many Berkeley derived systems don't,
>in which case the "find | filter | sh" can stil handle the problem.

Well, everyone has a zippy solution, but it seems, backquotes are either
out of fashion, too simple, or because of broken shells, ("Arguments too
long" ?? Nooo... really ??) nobody suggested something like

	egrep ptui `find whatever -print`

Hmm. I thought I had it all this time. :-)

oz
The king: If there's no meaning	   	    Usenet:    oz at nexus.yorku.ca
in it, that saves a world of trouble        ......!uunet!utai!yunexus!oz
you know, as we needn't try to find any.    Bitnet: oz@[yulibra|yuyetti]
Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)         Phonet: +1 416 736-5257x3976