csh pgrp problem

Peter J. Bishop pjb at tcom.stc.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 17:14:39 AEST 1989

In article <712 at skye.ed.ac.uk>, richard at aiai.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) writes:
) Running under SunOS 4, we occasionally encounter an annoying problem:
) a pipeline (eg cat /etc/passwd | more) will stop, with the message
)
)    Stopped (tty output)
)
) I had some problems when I first compiled this shell for SunOS 4, and
) the simplest solution seemed to be to #undef VFORK, since fork() in
) SunOs 4 does copy-on-write.

I am also encountering this problem using /usr/new/csh on a DEC microvax
running Ultrix 3.0

As I have no way of re-compiling this shell, does anyone know of a fix that I
could implement, or should I raise the problem with DES s/w support.

Thanks,

--
Peter Bishop.  <pjb at tcom.stc.co.uk> || ...!mcvax!ukc!stc!pjb
STC TNDD, Access Systems Engineering, 20-22 Edinburgh Way, Harlow. Essex