getty, login and a trivia

Theo Deraadt deraadt at enme3.ucalgary.ca
Sat Aug 19 09:54:49 AEST 1989

Ok, here's my login question then. Why under SunOS 4.0.3 if I open a
pty and start a /bin/login on it, do the window sizes in the tty driver
get toasted? I did a trace on login, and it toasts them, with a structure
that adb shows to default to 4 shorts.. it's stopped us dead from doing
something we were doing.. ie.. setting the window size before the login
and we don't understand.. should we go through the rlogin protocol?
 <tdr.

Theo de Raadt                    (403) 289-5894     Calgary, Alberta, Canada