global replacements with sed

Steven R. Houser srh at docwrk.UUCP
Fri Aug 11 05:14:10 AEST 1989

I'm trying to use the sed editor to make global relacements, but I'm not
having much luck.  I tried RTFM, but it doesn't give an example of what the
script file should look like.  What I'm trying to do is replace occurrences
of ^L with .bp macros.

When I use the a script file containing:

	/^L/s//\.bp

I get a message saying "sed: command line garbled".  What am I doing wrong?
What should the script look like?

Steve
--
Steven R. Houser    The Document Workshop | "Man is the only animal who
					  |  laughs--or needs to."
srh at docwrk.UUCP      CompuServe 71401,373 |
uunet!osu-cis!n8emr!uncle!oink!docwrk!srh |                  Mark Twain