Anyone understand SXT's (Sys V)

Russell Brown russell at kings.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 01:41:45 AEST 1989

Does anyone understand how the sxt mechanisms work on Sys V.{2,3} ? I have the
sxt(7) man entry which tells me something but not enough. I also have the
shl(1) utility which works in it's own fashion but again doesn't give the
game away.

I understand how to open /dev/sxt/??0 and fire up the multiplexing with
the ioctls specified in sxt(7). Whats really got me though is how the
controlling process (ie shl) knows that I've thumped the ^Z key and should
pop back into life.

In time honoured tradition I've RTFM'd and grovelled through /usr/include/*.h
to no avail. I cannot seem to find any answers.

Any help/clues would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
	Russell
| Russell Brown                        | Voice: +44 832 72224             |
| Lady Lodge Systems                   | EMAIL: russell at kings.co.uk       |
| Chapel Row Cottage, Lutton           | UUCP: mcvax!ukc!{stc,logitek}!\  |
| Peterborough, PE8 5NE, England.      |            kings!russell         |