Kernel Debugging

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Wed Aug 2 20:30:46 AEST 1989

In article <20473 at adm.BRL.MIL> cal at okc-unix.arpa (Charles Leach MMECSC) writes:
> Greetings
>
> I am currently experiencing a problem with an ULTRIX 3.0 kernel. Can
> anyone give me pointers to any books or documents which can give
> me some insight on kernel debugging.

Well, how about:

Guide to Debuging the Unix Kernel with ADB (or something like that)
	in the 4.3 BSD Documentation Set

The Design and Implementation of the 4.3 BSD Unix Operating System
Leffler, McKusick, Karels, Quarterman; Addison Wesley ISBN 0-201-06196-1

Also, if your problems are more Ultrix than BSD, you might want to
get access to the comp.unix.ultrix newgroup...  Be advised that there
are two patch tapes available from the Ultrix support center that address
both kernel problems and networking stuff.

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net