PASSWORD GUESSING

Gordon Vickers gordon at prls.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 01:48:17 AEST 1989

In article <3126 at rti.UUCP> trt at rti.UUCP (Thomas Truscott) writes:
-> I like passwords that are created by using the first letter in each word
-> of a sentence such as:
->
-> 	"I like eating hot soup in the winter"
->
-> So, the passwd would be "ilehsitw" ...

       The advice I see most often, and use myself is to simply pick
   two unrelated words that are seperated by a symbol, with the entire
   password being seven or eight charectors in length.  Care to figure
   what the odds are of a hacker breaking it ?

Gordon Vickers 408/991-5370 (Sunnyvale,Ca); {mips|pyramid|philabs}!prls!gordon