Shared Mem, Msg queues, Semaphores Code fragments wanted

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Wed Aug 2 03:42:45 AEST 1989

(This is generic UNIX stuff - generic, at least, to systems that have
picked up S5 IPC - so we move it here to "comp.unix.questions"....)

 >The "AT&T UNIX System V/386 Programmer's Guide" has a whole chapter on
 >IPCs.  This includes full listings of test programs that exercise all
 >aspects of the IPC system calls.  I haven't tried them, but they look
 >pretty good.  I think you'll find them a great help.
 >
 >Of course, XENIX is not UNIX...

Yes, but it's derived from UNIX, and I'd expect that whoever put S5 IPC
into it probably used as much of AT&T's code as possible.  The vendors
of XENIX System V may even claim SVID compliance for that part of the
system....