Neat csh feature

Frank Wales frank at zen.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 00:45:15 AEST 1989

In article <62079 at linus.UUCP> rtidd at mitre.arpa writes:
>One of the gurus showed me a neat csh thing that I thought i'd share
>with the wizards out there if you haven't seen it already ....
[stuff about file completion deleted]

This has been a feature in certain versions of csh for some years.
Under HP-UX, csh provides completion automatically, and also
offers a summary of possible completions if you type ctrl-d (it
doesn't seem to be affected by your choice of eof character).
This is similar to the ESC-ESC and ESC-= completion options in
ksh, and can be used as a way to have a quick look around directories
without the need to actually go there.
[follow-ups -> c.u.questions]
--
Frank Wales, Systems Manager,        [frank at zen.co.uk<->mcvax!zen.co.uk!frank]
Zengrange Ltd., Greenfield Rd., Leeds, ENGLAND, LS9 8DB. (+44) 532 489048 x217