question on diconnecting STREAMS mux's in driver itself

Erik Murrey erik at mpx2.mpx.com
Fri Aug 4 00:56:33 AEST 1989

[ System V.3.1/3b2 ]

I cannot find anything in the FM, so I though I'd call on the
experts... :-)

Is it possible for a lower STREAMS driver to request an unlink?  I
have tried sending up M_ERROR messages, but the system still keeps it
linked.

I want to keep the rest of the MUX configuration intact, but I want my
loop-around driver to request an unlink when the other end of the loop
has broken.

Please e-mail responses.

Thanks,

... Erik

--
Erik Murrey                            /|   //  /~~~~/  |  /
MPX Data Systems, Inc.                / | / /  /____/   |/