find command fails on valid directories

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Thu Aug 10 17:53:20 AEST 1989

I have a backup script which uses 'find' to generate a list
of files to pass onto afio.  Lately I've noticed the backup
script reporting the following errors:

find: stat() failed: /usr/hbtcp: No such file or directory
find: stat() failed: /usr/preserve: No such file or directory
find: stat() failed: /usr/lbin: No such file or directory
find: stat() failed: /usr/bin: No such file or directory
find: stat() failed: /usr/admin: No such file or directory
find: stat failed: usr: No such file or directory

As far as I can tell all these directories are perfectly heathly
and work in everyway except for this problem with find.
The backup script is run as root.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I'm running Interactive 386/ix release 2.0.1 of System V.3.2.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291