MODEMS: Wake-up calls

Don Ingli AGRISCS at umcvmb.missouri.edu
Wed Dec 20 11:15:24 AEST 1989

I did a little experiment that I thought some of you sysadms might find
useful...

A friend of mine told me there was a 900- telephone line that you can call
and for a buck, they will give you a wake up call in the morn.  (he forgot
the number.. so please don't ask for it)  Anyway, I wanted a wake up call
to my LOUD phone so that I would get up at 6am this morning.  So last night
I tried this cmd:

at 06:00 Tue  <return>        06:00 military time or you could say  6am
cu xxxxxxx   <cntrl-d>        xxx are my home phone number...

at 6 sharp my wake-up call woke me up... (more than I can say about my clock).

I think I will be using this more often.. :)

just a thought...

 UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE - SOIL CONSERVATION SERVICE  |
 bitnet: agriscs at umcvmb.bitnet  internet: agriscs at umcvmb.missouri.edu |
 attmail: attmail!attbl!arpa!umcvmb.missouri.edu!agriscs              |
 ALL OPINIONS IN THIS NOTE ARE OF MY OWN AND DO NOT REPRESENT THE     |
 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OR THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA -----------+