signals?

Peter C. Bahrs pcb at usl.usl.edu
Sun Dec 10 18:54:18 AEST 1989

I have a server that listens to sockets and processes stuff
as a result of the message.  I am using read, write, connect, accept...
I want to send the server an urgent message from within a client
application.  I want the server to stop what it is doing, handle
the request and continue (interrupt-ish).

Does anyone have any suggestions as how to best approach this problem?
I think I want to set a signal on incoming socket messages?

| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies         pcb at gator.usl.edu         |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana                                   |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                318-231-6768                        |